Monday, February 1, 2010

The Joy of Snow

I love how snow makes everything look so clean and crisp, the way everything sparkles when the sun hits the tiny little ice crystals, or as in Paisley's words "everything has sprinkles."

It is a brief reprieve from the ugliness of winter.

It is a rare treat for kids as they get to experience playing in the snow, making snowmen, lying in the snow to create a snow angel, throwing snowballs at unexpecting people and sledding down hills that also brings back childhood memories for many adults.

I love the cold, refreshing air that is invigorating as you feel it when you breathe it in.

It makes everyone seem to slow down and spend a little more time with their family just hanging out together.

I think that is was I like the most. . . slowing down.

Maybe we should do it a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment